Child Abuse Is Not Only Physical Essay

1927 Words Nov 20th, 2015 8 Pages
Child abuse is the physical, sexual and emotional mistreatment or neglect of a child. Child abuse is not only physical, but it is sexual, mental and emotional abuse. Child abuse is more than just bumps and bruises. It is also abuse that cannot be seen. There are several cases of child abuse in the United States. Susanne Babbel, Ph.D. (2011) reported twelve out of every 1,000 children up to age 18 in the United States were found to be victims of maltreatment in 2005. Babbel (2011) found in 2006, approximately 905,000 children were abused that year. Babbel (2011) stated, 16% of those children were physically abused and the remaining 84% were sexually abused. Many cases are reported by teachers and caregivers, but some cases never get reported until it is too late and the child gets abused to death. Susan Babbel (2015) reported in her article that about 1,460 children died in 2005 from abuse and neglect. Physical abuse can be easily detected. If there are suspected marks or bruises on a child, then there is a good possibility the child may be neglected. On the other hand, sexual, mental and emotional abuse are not easy to recognize.
Sexual abuse is the hardest to detect. Finkelhor (2012) said “Child sexual abuse is not solely restricted to physical contact; such abuse could include no contact abuse, such as exposure, voyeurism, and child pornography.” It is almost impossible to tell if a child is forced to watch pornography and being sexual abused because…

Related Documents

The Adventures of Spot | louisvuitton | RSS订阅